Thank you for the trust you place on Scanbuy. At Scanbuy we take our responsibility to protect your privacy very seriously. As part of this responsibility, we let you know what information we collect when you use our products and services, why we collect it and how we use it to improve your experience.
We use information to provide our users with more valuable and interactive products and services, and that ultimately result in more compelling content for our users.
Mobile-specific information we collect
- Most of the personally identifying information we collect is what you tell us about yourself. You choose what you want to share and how you want to share it.
- Sometimes, we record your phone number and/or age and gender information. We record your phone number or other information when you send it to us; ask us to remember it; or make a call or send a text message or SMS to or from ScanLife. We will associate your phone number and other information with your ScanLife Account, and/or User ID if you do not have a ScanLife Account and or other User ID, with some other similar account ID. We often generate this User ID based on your device and hardware IDs, so if you change your device or hardware, you will have to re-associate this new device or hardware with your account before we can authenticate you.
- Most of the other information we collect for mobile, such as your device and hardware IDs and device type, the request type, your carrier, your carrier user ID, the content of your request, and basic usage stats about your device and use of ScanLife does not by itself identify you to Scanbuy, though it may be unique or consist of or contain information that you consider personal.
- Certain information, including information you may consider personal to you, may be stored locally on the device using mechanisms such as browser web storage. Please consult your device or client documentation on how to manage such local storage.
- If you are enabling the location base capabilities of your device, you may be sending us location information. This information may reveal your actual location, such as GPS data, or it may not, such as when you submit a partial address to look at a map of the area.
- We use your information to process and personalize your requests. We also use the information for support, to develop new features, and to improve the overall quality of ScanLife's products and services.
- We may also use the information to show you a history of your activity, to provide you with statistics about you or your use of our product or service, or to provide you with a better user experience.
Information sharing and onward transfer
- All requests must be sent through your mobile carrier's network and your carrier may have access to it. For information regarding your carrier's treatment of your information, please consult your carrier's privacy policies.
- If you decide to use third party applications on your device, any information those applications collect may be sent to third parties and the ScanLife privacy policies do not apply. However, third party applications may have their own privacy policies that you should review.
- We may share your information with certain third parties we use to perform certain functions, such as billing and text message or SMS delivery. These third parties will be required to treat your information in accordance with the applicable ScanLife privacy policies. We may also share some information with your wireless operator in order to perform customer service functions.
- Certain of our services allow you to interact and share your information with others. Please consider carefully before disclosing any personal information or data that might be accessible to others.